CONVERT SUGARS, SYRUPS AND SWEETENERS
SUGARS (CALORIC SWEETENERS)
We’ve all been there: You’re ready to bake with a healthier sweetener, but when it’s time to measure it, a cascade of questions. If your recipe calls for x amount of sugar, how much of an alternative should you use? Do you need to adjust other ingredients?
In other words, how do you convert one sweetener to another?
Sweeteners tend to taste and behave differently, so finding the right measurements can be tricky.
If you’re looking for an easy way to convert one sweetener to another, you need the Sweetener Calculator. Enter the amount of one sweetener (tsp, Tbsp, cup, gram, packet, drop, milliliter, squeeze, tablet, cube), and it tells how much of another has the same sweetness level.
And the Calculator does even more! It compares sweeteners side by side based on their calories, sugar content, net carbs, and glycemic index. Also, it gives you their ingredients and related products. Sweet!
- Enter the amount to convert from (ex: your recipe calls for 1 cup)
- Type or scroll down to choose the sweetener to convert from (ex: recipe calls for sugar)
- Type or scroll down to choose the sweetener to convert to (ex: you have Splenda Stevia)
- Get your result (ex: you’ll need to measure 1/2 cup Splenda Stevia to sub for 1 cup sugar).
Once the Calculator tells you the amount of sweeteners with equivalent sweetness, it automatically compares them for you.
The Sweetener Calculator is for when you choose to switch sweeteners because:
• You ran out of the sweetener called for in a recipe
• You want to eat healthier, have less sugar and calories
• You follow a specific diet to help you lose or maintain weight
• You’re a foodie and want to explore new alternatives to sugar.
If you’re thinking about substituting sugar or any other sweetener in your coffee, tea, dessert, baking, or cooking recipe, the Sweetener Calculator is for you! No more getting frustrated with having to do the math yourself.
Are You Ready To Start?
SWEETENER SWAP MADE EASY
From now on, no need for an advanced mathematics degree to switch sweeteners in your recipes. The Sweetener Calculator makes swap easy for you. It tells you equivalent sweetness levels between products sold in stores.
However, this conversion is only the beginning because sugars, syrups, and alternatives also have different effects on color, aroma, texture, and moisture. So, to help you in your cooking and baking endeavors, I wrote a series of tips. Read them on my blog HERE.